Last night we were treated to a radiant Odissi performance by Sutra Dance Theatre, the fabulous Indian classical dance ensemble of master danceur Ramli Ibrahim, beneath a gorgeous Neem tree on a lovely estate just outside Pondicherry. I’ll let the pictures do the talking.
Blasts from the Past
... because the Miami Dolphins NFL bullying episode brings the evergreen topic of the idiocy of manliness back into focus.
... because Canada and the US will celebrate their Thanksgiving holidays and, regrettably and preventably, not 1-cook-in-10 will serve a decent turkey.
... because everyday is Mother's Day.
... because the re-election of President Barak Obama has done nothing to turn America away from its recent ethos of small-mindedness.
... to remind us that not every mix of Tibetans and Western spiritual seekers has to be nauseating.
... to celebrate the new edition of Infinite Vision published in India.
... reprinted in frustration that a dumbass nonevent brought down David Petraeus, the most brilliant, influential, deeply flawed military strategist since Harry Potter.
... because cars are ruining Pondicherry, where I live. How badly are they fucking up your Indian town?
... reprinted because more-and-more people seem want to understand the gift economy. (Yeah!)
- Swati Sharma on Trash on the Tracks
- find a rehab center on Gandhi Rural Rehabilitation Centre Has a New Website, Courtesy of CharityFocus
- Indian Railway Route on Experiments with Truth
- congtrithuc.com on Krishnan: Feeding Madurai’s Least Fortunate
- buy accutane 40mg without perscription on Good War Gone Bad
- herbal remedy impotence on Seva Cafe on YouTube
- anti impotence on India: Going Nowhere Fast
- accutane purchase on Nizam’s: Perfection in a Paratha
- Medford on Seva Cafe on YouTube
- Gracye on Good War Gone Bad
- Picking the Right Fight
- Ben Brown: Improvising His Way to Clarity
- Hey Kids, Let’s Put-on a Show!
- Eight Ounces Half a Pound: a Sculptural Exploration of Vancouver’s Racialized Labour History
- Spatial Poetics XIII: WeMix
- Hot Choir in the City
- Exuberant Hues: Ben Skinner Colours Back Gallery Project
- Bozzini Lab 2014: Young Composers Shine in Exploration of New Music
- The Challenges and Opportunities of Improvisational Dance
- An Autobiography Carved from Biography
Most Read Posts (last 24 hours)
- Pondicherry Becomes Pondicherry!
- Dil se Dil in the Bombay Times
- Understanding the Gift Economy
- Village Life
- Varanasi: Shit-Hole of the Gods
- Rare and Lovely
- Odissi under a Spreading Neem Tree
- Mad About Madhuri
- Could India Host an Impressive Olympics?
- The Story of Pondicherry's Eroding Coastline in a Single Image
Join the Banter!
At its most fun, memestream is a dialogue -- or, better, a cacophony -- rather than a library of overwrought essays reflecting a single point of view. For that, we need your two cents!
If you read anything on memestream that provokes an interesting thought, an emotion, a laugh, violent disagreement, passionate agreement, an anecdote, an uncontrollable non sequitur... be sure to leave a comment.
It will be no surprise to anyone who follows this blog that "all the best stuff" resides in the readers' comments. So don't stop reading when you hit the end of the essays. And add your voice to the discussion!
- 346,579 hits