An exceptionally smart show is currently running at Access Gallery in Vancouver’s Chinatown. Work by Guadalupe Martinez, Katherine Soucie, and Tommy Ting take-on Vancouver’s racialized labour history, as well as the relationship between industrial labour practices and the rapidly evolving post-industrial urban context.
Blasts from the Past
... because the Miami Dolphins NFL bullying episode brings the evergreen topic of the idiocy of manliness back into focus.
... because Canada and the US will celebrate their Thanksgiving holidays and, regrettably and preventably, not 1-cook-in-10 will serve a decent turkey.
... because everyday is Mother's Day.
... because the re-election of President Barak Obama has done nothing to turn America away from its recent ethos of small-mindedness.
... to remind us that not every mix of Tibetans and Western spiritual seekers has to be nauseating.
... to celebrate the new edition of Infinite Vision published in India.
... reprinted in frustration that a dumbass nonevent brought down David Petraeus, the most brilliant, influential, deeply flawed military strategist since Harry Potter.
... because cars are ruining Pondicherry, where I live. How badly are they fucking up your Indian town?
... reprinted because more-and-more people seem want to understand the gift economy. (Yeah!)
- kundan sharma on Dil se Dil in the Bombay Times
- sumit on India’s Real Heroes
- iqbal on Scenes of Alampoondi
- Swati Sharma on Trash on the Tracks
- find a rehab center on Gandhi Rural Rehabilitation Centre Has a New Website, Courtesy of CharityFocus
- Indian Railway Route on Experiments with Truth
- congtrithuc.com on Krishnan: Feeding Madurai’s Least Fortunate
- buy accutane 40mg without perscription on Good War Gone Bad
- herbal remedy impotence on Seva Cafe on YouTube
- anti impotence on India: Going Nowhere Fast
Most Read Posts (last 24 hours)
- Jayesh-bhai and Anar-ben: Partners in Service
- Nizam's: Perfection in a Paratha
- Pondicherry Becomes Pondicherry!
- Talking Turkey
- Trash on the Tracks
- The Story of Pondicherry's Eroding Coastline in a Single Image
- Understanding the Gift Economy, II
- Filial Piety Awareness Day
- Anshu Gupta and the Weave of Life
- Greening the Indian Economy. ZZZZzzzz.
Join the Banter!
At its most fun, memestream is a dialogue -- or, better, a cacophony -- rather than a library of overwrought essays reflecting a single point of view. For that, we need your two cents!
If you read anything on memestream that provokes an interesting thought, an emotion, a laugh, violent disagreement, passionate agreement, an anecdote, an uncontrollable non sequitur... be sure to leave a comment.
It will be no surprise to anyone who follows this blog that "all the best stuff" resides in the readers' comments. So don't stop reading when you hit the end of the essays. And add your voice to the discussion!
- 350,771 hits